Query for those who work from home

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 March 2005 1.10pm
Hi All,

I noticed a post a few weeks back about a lunch get together for those who worked from home and noticed that there quite a few of you. Lucky bunch! Just out of curiousity, what kinds of companies offer working from home as I would love to have some info on this.

Wednesday 23 March 2005 2.42pm
I work for myself - no company would have me!
Wednesday 23 March 2005 2.46pm
We gave up work...but you have to be old and decrepit like us to do that. However, depending on your age and sex all sorts of things to do at home come to mind....(no, I DONT mean THAT!). What do you work at now?
Wednesday 23 March 2005 2.58pm
I'm self employed too ... sometimes scary but at least I'm my own boss!
Wednesday 23 March 2005 3.07pm
I've been working as a PA for the past few years. I would love to be able to work from home doing all that admin stuff but have only come across the usual type-from-home scams :c(.
Thursday 24 March 2005 11.01am
There are quite a lot of PA services these days, where you act as the PA, but do all the admin, phone calls etc from home, and maybe meet up once a month to go through everything. I've seen articles about this in Red mag, and the Evening Standard - so it might be woirth doing a web search on virtual PA's and see what you find.

Good luck
Wednesday 6 April 2005 5.25pm
Hi all, thanks for your responses. I took fab's advice and had a look at virtual PA sites, but unfortunately they seem to be companies firmly in place and aren't seeking candidates. One website even said not to bother asking to apply for work because they would never hire anyone else! Eek. I will keep my chin up and keep looking, and again thanks to all who replied.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: