Leasehold Valuation Tribunals

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 March 2005 8.44pm
Has anyone ever taken their Landlord or Managing Agent to a Leasehold Valuation Tribunal? My neighbours and I are looking into this as we think we have a very strong case, but I would really appreciate information from anyone who has ever been through this process.

Tuesday 29 March 2005 4.30pm
My goodness, you must be reading my thoughts. I have just come home and was about to look up their phone number. I took down all their stuff from the web and read it through, and want to go to them regarding the service charges and abysmal managment in our block. After you suggestion TLMJJ, I sent Peverel two thirds of my outrageous service charge demand, and have just received a letter today threatening legal action. According to what you told me, since they've had a damn great cheque from me, they cant do much. I have written to them saying I am looking to get input from the LVT so I am more than keen to know anything about how one gets the ball rolling. Their website gives all the info. it seems to me, other than how to do that! However, let's keep in touch over this. It is VITAL.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 5.10pm

It's all on the LEASE site - just a bit elusive. Try: for the procedure; and for the application forms.

It is worth making an appointment to go and see LEASE - free and they will give you a model application form relevant to your particular situation.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 7.06pm has information about hiring a surveyor or auditor, too.

Jackie, we could go to LEASE together if you like?
Tuesday 29 March 2005 8.40pm
Yes, I'd be very glad to go to Lease with you. As you said, I rummaged around on the website, and found their details, sent them a long email as it was after three thirty when they close. Will call them tomorrow if you like, but tell me when would be good for you. We will be away 10 April till 4th May, but if they have a date sooner..great. But how will I know if it's an OK time for you?
Tuesday 29 March 2005 11.06pm
I am planning not to work on Fridays for the next three months if I can help it, so any Friday should be good for me.

I'll PM you my number so we can speak to arrange a good time.

Wednesday 30 March 2005 2.07pm
Done! see PM for details.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: