Things that cheer you up

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 29 March 2005 11.14pm
I have had one of the worst days I've had for ages - put my back out waking up, too much work to do, had to spend too much time dealing with odious w*****s with no manners (though thanks to email, not face to face), and then to top it all misplaced my keys and couldn't get into my flat until a good samaritan returned them to me at 10.30 pm.

But I found vodka, Elvis Presley, and reading the posts here have cheered me up considerably.

Tuesday 29 March 2005 11.21pm
Well done Ma'am, I didn't get Elvis when I was younger until I heard Mystery Train, and then it all made sense. I too had had a fairly crappy day, but standing waiting for a kebab from Hassan Bros earlier in the pouring rain, I struck up a conversation with a young lady, and we talked about the soundtracks of Bernard Herman, I don't know why but it certainly gave me a lift.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 11.30pm
Ooooh -maybe we should have a social at the Gracelands Palace on the Old Kent Road????? Or have I had too much vodka.....?

Tell me what Bernard Herman has done. Is he one of those people I've not heard of, but if you say what he's done I'd know his work? Off to google.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 11.31pm
If it wasn't so late I'd watch a James Stewart film as well....
Wednesday 30 March 2005 10.19am
Gosh, Jo, sorry life is so bleak! But the weekend is going to be sunny! And they are ALL w.....kers, I have discovered.
Wednesday 30 March 2005 12.00pm
Sorry Ma'am, I think that should be Bernard Herrmann http://www.uib.no/herrmann/
I don't know who that girl was, but she certainly cheered me up.
Wednesday 30 March 2005 12.25pm
New Zealand men?

But presumably not when they are on the other side of the globe.

The only thing I can suggest is alcohol. But reckon you will have tried this. Dentist yesterday confirmed I have an absess, and need root canal work. And then I got very wet and cold as the bus pulled away as I was running for it. I am sure the driver turned round and smirked....

Another thing that might help would be a bit more summer. The tantelising glimpse last week seems to have made the winter blues worse.

Anyway I hope today is better.
Wednesday 30 March 2005 1.09pm
Today is not better, the gloom is dreadful. Fog is for November. They are all w....kers. However, things...can only get better...de da de da....Tony Blair said so.
Thursday 31 March 2005 7.46am
So did Yaz

[... say 'things can only get better'...]
Monday 4 April 2005 4.17pm
nice sunday roast lunch, good guiness (and good cider), good company, and about 15 too many accordianists, in a sunny beer garden. that's something that cheers me up.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: