NW London...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 April 2005 9.13am
I'm wondering whether any of you Londonists can help me...I need to get to Kilburn on Thursday night, and want to take a car most/all of the way. I've been told Kilburn isn't the best place to park a car, and I can't find any all night secure parking there.

What is Stanmore like as an area? Or Queensbury? Or Wembley Park? There are car parks in all those places on the Jubilee Line...how do they fare on the rough-o-meter?
Tuesday 5 April 2005 10.32am
You should be OK parking on the street in Kilburn, it's no worse than anywhere else in London. Just be sensible - park as near to street lights as possible, empty glove compartment and either take stuff with you or lock in boot, leave empty glove compartment open, use a steering lock if you have one (most only act as a deterrent to joy riders anyway), remove radio or radio front panel, remove everything from inside the car and don't worry about it.

.............unless you've got a Roller or Bentley, then I'd park in Stanmore as the car would blend in anonymously with the rest of them :-)
Tuesday 5 April 2005 11.05am
Lol - thanks for that. The manager of the venue I'm going to says it's generally ok there too...but he mentioned that parking off of the main road is strictly limited. I'd rather park at Stanmore then...less chance of me getting lost the less I have to drive into London...
Wednesday 6 April 2005 6.57pm
Why, one asks, would you want to go to North London?
Wednesday 6 April 2005 11.07pm
Queensbury? Isn't that a suburb of Bradford? No wonder you are making your journey North sound like an epic voyage fraught with adventure and danger.
Thursday 7 April 2005 10.32am
Lol...one would want to go to North London (Kilburn) for an intimate gig/record label party. Being an Essexual (one from Essex), London is a pain to get home from late at night 'cos the last train home runs at about 23.30...not late enough. Hence taking the car...
Thursday 14 April 2005 9.43am
Did you survive your trip to Kilburn?
Friday 15 April 2005 8.48pm
Looks like he got lost somewhere on the M6...
Thursday 21 April 2005 9.22am
Lol...Kilburn was actually very pleasant indeed. Looks like Brixton, but has a much nicer vibe to it.

There's a fab little restaurant there called the Small and the Beautiful which offers two courses for a fiver (I had smoked chicken salad followed by Italian sausage with saute potatoes, green beans and a red wine & chili gravy) and there's an awesome little theatre there called The Tricycle which has all sorts of great small shows - including upcoming shows from Rob Newman of Mary Whitehouse Experience fame...anyone remember him?
Thursday 21 April 2005 11.13am
Of course we have to be magnanimous about other areas of London, but I think you're on to a loser if you're trying to persuade anyone on here to like anywhere else as much as SE1.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: