CD burners need good homes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 7 April 2005 3.03pm
2 CD burners looking for homes. One is an Iomega ZipCD 650 USB device and the other is a Lacie Firewire version. Both in good condition.

Prefer to give to charity but upright citizen will be acceptable.

Niall Connolly

PS No technical support available!
Thursday 7 April 2005 5.20pm
Hi Niall

Do you still have the Lacie firewire cd burner???

I consider myself a very upright citizen - unless, of course I am sleeping or having a bit of a slouch moment.

If Lacie hasn't found a home at a local charity shop I would like to offer Lacie a modest but caring home in SE1

Katie
Thursday 7 April 2005 7.37pm
Katie

Its yours. Call me on 020 7357 8005.

Niall
Friday 8 April 2005 10.54am
Don't know much about computers, but need a CD burner occasionally for my save the park activities. Bought a brilliant computer from Siduhe which my son agrees in principle to share with me. (But playing Rome Total War takes up a lot of his time.)

If your burner is likely to work on what appears to be a fairly high spec two year old computer I would love to have it.

However whether I am upright or not is open to question. TLMJJ can answer.
Friday 8 April 2005 12.02pm
Sarah,

If you mean my PC - it has a CD burner in it already ! The only thing it won't do is burn DVDs (it will only play them).

The program you need to open up is Roxio Easy Media Creator - will allow you to burn documents, music and photos to a blank CD as well as format CDs etc. Give me a call if you need further info.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 April 2005 12.02pm by Siduhe.
Friday 8 April 2005 12.33pm
Thanks. Once again I show my lack of technical skills.

The PC is great, or at least I think it is, if my son would ever let me have a go. He was totally focussed on it one other day so we asked what he was playing. He said 'GOD' . For a whilst we questioned our parenting skills and the wisdon of raising a child in SE1, but then discovered he had installed a Sims disk.

I have some lovely pictures of my park on a disk which a kind Forum person produced a year or so back. Do I just load them onto the PC and then put a blank disk in. Perhaps I need to experiment, then call. Other peoples' competence and knowledge makes me feel very old. In contrast my large knowledge of 1970's rock music does not seem to command the same kudos.

Friday 8 April 2005 1.06pm
The Sarah

Ah, the marvels and mysteries of the PC - so obvious and easy to use. Siduhe suggests that you don't need a burner so, everyone else, one Iomega 650CD plus cables is still available.

Regards

Niall
Friday 8 April 2005 2.01pm
Niall,

You still have a problem finding someone upright. I presume this excludes any of the cider crew, and if Birdie applies, I and TLMJJ would be happy to provide character assasinations.

Pleased you find PCs obvious and easy to use. Strong self esteem is a good thing.

Sarah
Friday 8 April 2005 2.41pm
Sarah,

If you have the photos already on a CD, there are three ways to get them onto another CD using my old PC:

1. Start / Programs / [Roxio ?] / Disc Copier - opens a program which just copies the contents of one CD onto a blank CD. Put the blank CD in the CD drive and the one with the photos on in the DVD drive and then press Copy Disc (if you have these the wrong way round, don't worry - the program will tell you to swap them). Hey presto, the contents of one are copied to the other. V. EASY

2. Save photos onto hard drive - insert blank CD into CD drive - open windows explorer window and navigate to the folder that you saved the photos in - select all photos - on the left hand side of the window is an option to "Copy to CD" (if it's not there, try File / Send To / Copy to CD). EASY

3. Start / Programs / [Roxio] / Easy CD Creator - save the photos onto your hard drive - insert blank CD in CD drive - open CD Creator - opens a program which allows you to "drag" the photos from your hard drive onto a "project screen". When you are happy with the project (i.e. the order of the photos, you've added any music or sound effects), just click the big red button and it will burn them onto the blank CD. MEDIUM (but good if you want to add whizzy sound effects and transitions to your photos).

Hope this makes sense - let me know if not. Glad to hear that you / number one son are getting use out of it.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 April 2005 2.47pm by Siduhe.
Friday 8 April 2005 5.14pm
Sarah

I hope that 'upright' didn't put people off, other than the cider drinkers of course. I was trying to filter out the riff-raff so that only the worthies of SE1 and its environs would be able to benefit from my desire to clear out cupboards.

Katie has put her name on the LaCie and I'm sure that it is going to be put to good use. I'm also happy that she turns out to be a Mac user so, for her at least, it should be a plug-and-play experience.

Regards and best wishes from the cupboard under the stairs.

Watch this space for more free offers.

Niall
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: