Dog poo - creative suggestions wanted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 13 April 2005 6.42am
All

Picking up poochie's poo isn't everyone's cup of tea. Has anyone got any bright ideas to encourage owners to scoop the poop?

Regards

Niall
Wednesday 13 April 2005 8.12am
It's a pity they don't have more wardens to give them a whacking great big fine when they don't scoop. Bring on Doggie Cam! A few more of the "doggie bag" bins in parks might help though - there's not too many around the area I notice - although really, if you're a dog owner, you ought to take your own bags with you! More signs might help as well - in certain parts of Oz they have signs that explain some of the dangers of doggy poo, and that did seem to help a bit - if people realise it might (albeit in VERY rare cases) blind a few kiddies then some are motivated.

People power is often best - if I see anyone not scooping in the park near us, I yell loudly at them - "Excuse me, I think you've forgotten something!" My sister tells me I'll get a hiding one of these days - but hey, at least I've tried. Personally, I always worry about the dog's welfare with owners like this - if they can't be bothered to act responsibly about the animal in a public place, are they really bothered to treat the animal properly behind closed doors? If you can't pick up a bit of crap then how likely are they to be vaccinating, worming etc etc?
Wednesday 13 April 2005 8.36am
Yes Niall, follow them home then put it right outside their doorstep! we must have a dog the size of a carthorse in our street judging by the amount of faeces I step in sometimes...
Wednesday 13 April 2005 9.20am
There was a great thread on this a while back - I particularly liked the idea of spraying dog-poo with gold paint...

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/12562
Wednesday 13 April 2005 9.26am
Follow them home and crap on their doorstep - I'm up for this, anyone else?
Wednesday 13 April 2005 10.39am
Siduhe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was a great thread on this a while back - I
> particularly liked the idea of spraying dog-poo
> with gold paint...
>
> http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/12562

There's now more active threads on dog poo than on cider.

What's the forum coming to?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 13 April 2005 10.59am
barkyhead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Follow them home and crap on their doorstep - I'm
> up for this, anyone else?

I'm with you on this one. Perhaps after 8 pints of guiness and a vindaloo
Wednesday 13 April 2005 11.06am
Thanks to Ivanhoe (?) for reminding me of the lillipop stick idea.

I not too keen on the "shout at the owner" approach, confrontation doesn't seem to do it for me these days.

Any alternative and practical suggestions would be welcome.

Niall
Wednesday 13 April 2005 12.18pm
Partner has suggested kebab skewers with laser labels on the end. Brilliant and reasonably biodegradable.

In production as we speak.

Niall
Wednesday 13 April 2005 2.06pm
Too much time in the understairs cupboard?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: