Modern landscape architecture?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 April 2005 4.30pm
a friend of mine us coming over and is interested in modern landscape architecture in london. any ideas?
i was thinking of that project with the "tree-bridge" somewhere in south london, but i can't find it...,

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18 April 2005 4.31pm by schnake.
Monday 18 April 2005 4.44pm
Have look at the Thames Barrier Park, situated on the north side of the river near the Thames Barrier itself. []
Monday 18 April 2005 4.48pm
You'll be thinking of Mile End Park, I think...

and a Flashy clickable map

I just spotted you said South London - this is of course in East London, but it may still be what was tugging your memory strings...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18 April 2005 4.50pm by markandjoan.
Monday 18 April 2005 9.14pm
Mile End bridge was/is know as the "Green Bridge", rather than the "Tree Bridge": is that what you were thinking of?
Tuesday 19 April 2005 8.27am
thanks for all the sugestions,
i thought it was an 'eco' project in peckham or lewisham where they turned a disused bridge into a nature/eco mini park, but maybe it was never realized?
Tuesday 19 April 2005 12.56pm
Horniman Railway Nature Trail???
(limited access nature trail on the course of the former Crystal Palace High Level line next to the Horniman Museum Gardens)
Wednesday 20 April 2005 11.58am
I'll second the Thames Barrier Park suggestion. Best modern garden/landscape I've seen in London. Rather awkward to get to though. I take the Jubilee line to Canning Town and then one of 2 busses.

Potters Field will also fit the bill - when its done.
Wednesday 20 April 2005 12.06pm
Do you mean you're not showing them the gastroflats down Bears Honey Sweet?

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: