DIY favour...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 23 April 2005 10.01pm
Does anyone have a circular saw and a workbench they would be willing to lend me? I promise to take great care of them.
Sunday 24 April 2005 3.49pm
OMG! She's going to saw Birdie in half!

[edited to add: sorry. can't help you.]

...if you press it, they will come.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 24 April 2005 3.50pm by Ivanhoe.
Sunday 24 April 2005 4.45pm
I have a circular saw...but I wont be back in London till 4th May...will Birdie still be around or will she have fled in anticipation?
Sunday 24 April 2005 6.03pm

Thanks for the offer, Jackie, but I've decided to splash out on a circular saw now. Every girl should have one....

My next door neighbour has a workbench, so I'm sorted. (Apart from wood, hinges, and making the darn thing.)
Sunday 24 April 2005 9.29pm
"The damn thing". I'm intrigued.

Have you considered asking the forum's wise old craftsman himself (JonR)? IIRC, he's very good at standing around and circulating air in his cheeks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 25 April 2005 8.50am
Yes indeed Jo, put us out of our misery. If it's not carving up Birdie what damn thing are you constructing. Should a delicate creature like yourself be undertaking tasks involving dangerous things like circular saws. Are you, perhaps, plannning to plant a finger in your chilli con carne in the Hartley or something?
Anonymous User
Monday 25 April 2005 8.51am
After weekend update...

The rehearsals for our magic show are going rather well... to date I've not lost any limbs and, in fact, the top half of my body remains attached to the bottom half.

Just wait til you see our next trick... making a litre of vodka disappear!!! ;-)
Monday 25 April 2005 9.45am
Birdie Wrote:

> Just wait til you see our next trick... making a
> litre of vodka disappear!!! ;-)

But we've seen that one or at least a very simmilar trick. The results are hilarious:-)
Monday 25 April 2005 10.13am
operating a circular saw, making half litre of vodka disappear - not a great combination if you get the sequence wrong.....I suggest plenty of rehearsals.

Monday 25 April 2005 2.16pm
... and dont involve any gardening!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: