Pollen

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Anonymous User
Thursday 28 April 2005 3.50pm
Anyone else suffering hayver symptoms yet? It seems to come earlier each year.

I seem get very drowsy on most over the counter medication (though admitedly this could be an age thing) - any hot tips for herbal remedies?
Thursday 28 April 2005 4.56pm
My Mum swears by SOS Histadrops ( or something like that! ). They're some kind of herbal/homeopathic cocktail as far as I can gather ( purely herbal remedies don't seem to work well for most people). Butterblas was something she tried last year with zilch effect ( except to pocket ) and its recently been in the news as having been tested and fared no better than placebo.
Thursday 28 April 2005 6.36pm
I take it vodka doesn't work?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 28 April 2005 8.31pm
Ivanhoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I take it vodka doesn't work?
>
It sounds like it has been tried ..."I seem get very drowsy on most over the counter medication"

Friday 29 April 2005 7.52am
Rub vaseline on the inside of your nostrils, it traps the pollen ...
Friday 29 April 2005 8.41am
I don't know if such a thing exists in SE1, but if you can procure some local honey and consume it, you get some kind of resistance to pollens...

Not sure what happens if you go away for a weekend though...whether that means going on a honey hunt!
Anonymous User
Friday 29 April 2005 9.59am
Ivanhoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I take it vodka doesn't work?

Ya big meanie - I'm suffering here!!

& Julie - vodka doesn't make me drowsy - it makes me stupid!

Friday 29 April 2005 10.54am
Gin is very good as well-dosen't cure it but if you take enough you don't care!

I don't know about herbal remedies but use Beconese spray and that does not make me drowsey but find it's effects do not last very long.
Friday 29 April 2005 11.26am
If you do want to try the local honey cure [I've no idea if it works] the Wild Beef stall [Green market, first on right through entrance from Bedale Street] sells Catford Honey. The guy who used to sell honey produced around the London Bridge area no longer seems to trade in the market.
Friday 29 April 2005 6.01pm
Surrey Docks farm do honey too, which they produce on site.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: