Caribbean in Camden...???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 13 May 2005 10.16am
...once again I need to call on everyone's knowledge of North London...

My better half and I are going to stroll through Camden tomorrow morning, and want to sample some Caribbean food before we then journey onto Soho for theatre and eats. As we're having a full meal in the evening, we just want to grab a light lunch, or something takeaway...so does anyone know of any Caribbean eateries within walking distance of Camden?

Ta!
Friday 13 May 2005 11.11am
camden isn't the best place for caribbean. You'd be better off making a trip to Brixton for that...there is a nice Spanish tapas place on Inverness St if you want a tasty, light lunch.
Friday 13 May 2005 11.36am
I agree that generally Brixton is a better bet - but the Mango Room in NW1 (up near the Roundhouse) is absolutely excellent for basic Caribbean food - esp the jerk chicken and akee / saltfish.
Tuesday 17 May 2005 12.22pm
...cheers people...end up having Goat Curry in the market - I loved it (the other half didn't though)!!!

We ate in Signor Zilli's in Soho in the evening - that was actually more disappointing than the curry! We should have stopped at the amazing-looking Yauatcha that we passed on the way into Soho...
Wednesday 8 June 2005 2.57am
A little late now, but for next time:
- there is one that I saw on kentish Town Road very near the Camden Town Tube Stop
- also if I'm not mistaken, one on Chalk Farm Road just south of the Chalk Farm Tube Stop

Jame5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
so does anyone know
> of any Caribbean eateries within walking distance
> of Camden?
>
> Ta!

Wednesday 8 June 2005 10.11am
Thanks Os - I'll bear that in mind for next time...
Tuesday 5 July 2005 10.29am
CHeck out

www.itzcaribbean.com

it has loads of Caribbean restaurants and takeaways listed

Jay
Thursday 14 July 2005 9.05am
Cheers Jay...

As it happens, a Caribbean-style has takeaway has opened near where I live, thus eliminating the need to come all the way into London to eat said food...

But if I'm in town and fancy some, I'll take a squiz at that first...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: