Night out around Oxford Circus!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 26 May 2005 8.41am
Having spent the last 11 years living and breathing only in SE1 ... I am meeting best friend (from out of town) around Oxford Circus tonight and need to impress her with a cool bar or two plus a cheapish but yummy place to eat ...

I know you won't let me down!

(And Ivanhoe, if you are still running your scooter taxi company, I'll need collecting at approx 11.30)
Thursday 26 May 2005 8.44am
Sorry Julie. Need to pass my test first. Got a retest booked for next Friday, so any time after that (if I pass).

I could help you with directions to Oxford St though?

[hope you have a nice evening. sorry I've got no sensible suggestions]

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Thursday 26 May 2005 8.53am
Julie

How about Circus on Golden Square? Cool bar with cocktails a plenty and a restaurant which doesn't break the bank.

th
Thursday 26 May 2005 9.06am
Oooh I was at Circus on Tuesday night at a party in the basement, and as I was leaving there was a terrible smell of burning and next thing everyone was evacuated and fire engines turned up. Apparently something went wrong with the lights....

Apart from that though its a really nice bar, although I've never eaten in the restaurant.
Thursday 26 May 2005 9.09am
Atlantic Bar & Grill, Glasshouse St. It's just brilliant.
Thursday 26 May 2005 9.35am
How about cool-ish bar and not-too-expensive place to eat rolled into one ?

Matchbar on Margaret Street or Marketplace on [guess where] Market Place (off Great Castle Street).

Matchbar is cocktails and big bowls of [imho] really nice food to share and Market Place is more vodka mixers and South American bites like boccatas.

http://www.marketplace-london.com/
http://www.matchbar.com

I have no connection etc etc...
Thursday 26 May 2005 10.12am
You've made an SE1er very happy
Thankyou!
Thursday 26 May 2005 10.15am
for drinks - what about milk and honey on poland st - you need to book though look on their website at www.mlkhny.com and for eating you can't beat mildred's on lexington st for cheap and delicious. It's veggie, but not too super healthy, they have lots of choice of very yummmy and filling food, nice organic wine and beers and unlike milk and honey, you can't book, but the wait isn't normally too long.

There's also bodeans, an deep south style barbeque place on poland st which is fun and cheap.

I'd also recommend market place for drinking, but on a day like today it will be packed to the gills with local suits...round the corner on little portland st is the social (good for drinking) and next to that is a sausage place called stanley(i think) also cheap and good food.

Have fun
hat

I have no connection etc etc
Thursday 26 May 2005 10.30am
I agree with Hat, Milk and Honey is very nice, strongly recommended!
Thursday 26 May 2005 10.57am
I've only got an evening pass for one night! How am I going to get round to all these?! And remember them all in the morning? With skin on knees intact!?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: