Gay and in SE

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 28 June 2005 10.01am
Hello, am new here... I just wanted to know if there are any gays on this site I could chat to or have a drink or a nice walk by the river.

Am really sorry if this is not the place to ask. I live in Bermondsey (Off Jamaica Road).

Cuddles for all.

Anonymous User
Tuesday 28 June 2005 12.16pm
Lolo - you can chat to everyone here whatever their sexual proclivities.

Tuesday 28 June 2005 12.35pm
Thanks... I guess that's true Birdie...

I am not sure what to talk about, am new on this thingy, but will do my best.

I am the 'proud' owner of a 1 bed flat in Bermondsey, I have spent a considerable amount of money doing it up. Now I have found out that the Council is planning to do major works on my building, i.e. new roof, double glazing, re-wiring, new lifts, entry-phone system, etc, (yes, it is an ex-local auth flat).

Am in two minds whether to sell it before they do anything otherwise I will expect a 'massive' bill for the works. Do anyone think if I stay this will add value to my property when I sell it? I don't think an ex-local authority flat could go up so much as to be even when I sell it.

Any opinions?

Tuesday 28 June 2005 1.24pm
have you been to the Rosemary Branch in New Cross? new gay pub
Tuesday 28 June 2005 2.00pm
can old gays go there?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 28 June 2005 2.07pm
that's a question I was asking myself... although I dont' see myself as old but for some people 39 might be 'really really old'.
Tuesday 28 June 2005 2.21pm
Or perhaps even pre-owned or ex demonstrators ;-)
Tuesday 28 June 2005 3.26pm
I'm sure ex-demonstrators are always welcome, especially if they don't mind going into relapse on request.

And Lolo. Face it, you're ancient. In fact, how did you manage to find a computer, turn it on, and access the internet? Get out of SE1 this instant and get back to somewhere more suitable (?Tonbridge Wells perhaps?)

Wednesday 29 June 2005 10.59am
Building work: Now the work has been planned it is likely to be revealed in any searches a buyer may make, so it's unlikely you can sell without someone finding out, in which case they may offer you less, so one way or another you'll end up paying it. If you like your flat and the area (don't we all?) stay with it, in my humble opinion. You should recoup the money in the longer term.
Gays: Loads of 'em round here. Gladstone in Borough is gay, and all of the pubs / restaurants in Bermondsey Street are welcoming to straights. Then there is the Fort.

Not been to the Rosemary Branch yet, is it good?

I'm ex TUnbridge Wells (U, not O, that's somewhere else and not quite the same at all), and am quite with it with Word and Excel, but admittedly not much else. Perhaps Frinton is more computerphobic

Cuddles to all
Wednesday 29 June 2005 11.04am
Sorry Mark. I can only blame my own advancing years.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: