Tuesday 5 July 2005 10.33pm
If you have read (with awe and wonder) the various threads and reports over the last year or so of the SE1 cider making venture, and would like to join us this year - this is the thread for you. Last year was our first effort and we made lots of new friends along the way.
Here are last year's photos - http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1029503
The SE1 news report can be found here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1267
You do not need to have any experience, or ever have been to an SE1 social, or even posted on this site before. You may, however, need a silly cider making hat...
We need to get a sense of how many people are interesting in giving up a weekend or more in November to press cider apples and how much cider they would like to make (in gallons). If you are interested, please let us know by answering the following questions:
1) Do you want to make cider in November 2005 ?
2) Can you give up an entire weekend or part of a weekend to spend pressing at the Surrey Docks Farm ?
3) How much apple juice would you ideally like to take away with you ?
4) Would you rather contribute in some other way (we may need kitchen hands, drivers, press and apple tranporters etc) ?
5) Do you have a silly cider making hat (see last year's photos)?
6) Do you want to make perry and if so, would you be willing to do a seperate pressing weekend outside of SE1 ?
[Mr Hatts, is there any prospect that we could sticky this, just for a few days, to keep it from getting lost in the general cider talk ?]
Edited 4 times. Last edit at 30 August 2005 12.09pm by James Hatts.