Fun Friday, Sunny Saturday, Sleepy Sunday

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 July 2005 12.25pm
Hi there. I'm having to organise some relaxing activities for two birthdays on Friday and Saturday and also have some guests on Sunday. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or places in the area they'd recommend to visit? There are no children involved in the event and I'd like to walk round the area as much as possible. All help gratefully accepted!
Thursday 14 July 2005 1.15pm
walk to the city farm at surrey docks with the children, stopping for lunch somewhere along the way (can't think where there is by the river for lunch.....)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 14 July 2005 2.34pm
Thanks very much Ivanhoe, as I say there will not be any children with us, but it sounds like a nice walk which would be great. I really love walking around the Borough etc. Any ideas for spots to park up and picnic at all? It's unfortunate really that I ended up getting so booked up for the weekend, what with the heat I'm getting little enough sleep as it is! ;->
Thursday 14 July 2005 2.53pm
See also this old thread - all of the suggestions made are good ones (IMHO).

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/7372

My only connection...was starting the thread in the first place
Anonymous User
Thursday 14 July 2005 2.54pm
www.risefestival.org

Burgess Park on Saturday. The sun is due to shine so kick back and enjoy the atmosphere. This festival has been renamed London United this week and more acts than are currently listed are liekly to play so keep an eye out.
Thursday 14 July 2005 3.18pm
Thanks very much everyone, I'll check it out!
Thursday 14 July 2005 3.26pm
I think there's a turkish festival on sat and sunday, along the south bank, by coin st and the oxo tower - food, stalls, music - so that's probably worth a look...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: