Rain, at last!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 27 July 2005 11.57pm
Never have I been so happy with the rain of the last 24 hours. I spent a day in Greenwich Park last week and it was sad to see what draught can do. Livingstone adviced us not to flush the loo everytime we pee and be parsimonious with water. I wonder, however, how much we benefit from the rain of this week. Sadly we only hear when things go wrong...
Thursday 28 July 2005 1.13am
I got into the habit of not flushing the loo when I pee when I was in Australia. Living on my own, it's not a problem, but I find it a bit embarassing when I have company....
Thursday 28 July 2005 6.27am
Yes, good to clear the dust from the air, and wash the leaves of the plants which were looking pale green rather than dark green. Now you know how we feel when people dont understand why I find being in Tel Aviv 365 days of the year so awful. Wall to wall sunshine is all very well but after seven months or so one is CLIMBING the wall.
Thursday 28 July 2005 8.07am
I agree, Jackie. As much as I love summer, but I do need this grey, cool weather too.

Am not too fussed about the pee, though indeed, when other people ara around, I flush too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: