Broken washing machine

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 6 August 2005 11.36pm
My sister's washing machine has broken - can anyone recommend a washing machine repairer?

(I've checked out the old threads, and I don't think this is a DIY job...)
Sunday 7 August 2005 10.52am
I have used Alec Gabriel from this site:
http://www.familiesonline.co.uk/article/static/397/
and he is excellent and very reasonable BUT he recently became a father so is taking some time off. I'm still waiting for him to repair my dishwasher. He said to call from 10th August. He is worth the wait.

COOKER/ MICROWAVE/ WASHING MACHINE REPAIRS
Speedy Repairs 020 8692 7959
"No callout charge. Will always try to repair first rather than sell you new equipment, came quickly and doesn't charge over the odds."

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 7 August 2005 10.56am by Cathy.
Sunday 7 August 2005 4.48pm
Thank you, Cathy. I'll pass on your recommendation.
Thursday 20 July 2006 9.22pm
Cathy wrote:
I have used Alec Gabriel from this site:
http://www.familiesonline.co.uk/article/static/397/
and he is excellent and very reasonable BUT he recently became a father so is taking some time off. I'm still waiting for him to repair my dishwasher. He said to call from 10th August. He is worth the wait.

COOKER/ MICROWAVE/ WASHING MACHINE REPAIRS
Speedy Repairs 020 8692 7959
"No callout charge. Will always try to repair first rather than sell you new equipment, came quickly and doesn't charge over the odds."

I have just used him to sort out my machine. The machine now works fine and it cost just 30. A+
Wednesday 16 August 2006 9.15am
Alec installed my new dishwasher last night and repaired my twenty-year-old washer dryer. He's brilliant!
Tuesday 22 August 2006 10.44pm
My washing machine started leaking over the weekend, so I called Alec yesterday morning, he called me back after an hour and came round tonight to check out my machine. Sadly, it was bad news - he recommended I buy a new machine rather than get the current one repaired as he said it would cost about 2/3 of the cost of a new machine to repair. I was very pleased by his speedy response, and by his honesty in recommending I buy a new machine rather than line his pockets by paying for repairs. And he only charged me 30 even though he was here for well over an hour.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 23 August 2006 8.46am
What took him over an hour? What was the 30 for?

I had a bloke round to look at my old machine - he didn't charge me anything to tell me it was f*cked (I belive that to be the correct technical term).
Wednesday 23 August 2006 11.29am
He had to dismantle half the kitchen to get to the blummin thing - the developers had plumbed in all the appliances then built the kitchen round them! Then he did try to fix it, until he found something that was very, very broken.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 23 August 2006 12.11pm
Fair enough!
Wednesday 23 August 2006 9.14pm
Grrrrr - found out this afternoon that he had disconnected the waste disposal outlet pipe (presumably by accident - but how??? Why?????) Spent about an hour underneath the sink trying to fit the blummin thing together again. Am very annoyed (and have a bump or two on my head).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: