Word Map

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 23 August 2005 3.42pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/voices/results/wordmap/

Have you seen this? Some of the entries made me laugh but I was a little upset at being called sinister (local dialect somewhere for being left handed!)

Interesting though - also reminded me of words we used as kids that I haven't used for ages. I shall no longer walk to work in my trainers - I'm going to wear my bumpers from now on!
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.26pm
Bumpers is too childish a word for a man of your age, Birdie. Try "daps". Much more macho ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.36pm
No
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.37pm
Oh, go on.

Anonymous User
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.39pm
OK
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.41pm
You have to say "daps" in a Welsh voice, I should have said.

That's what our old games teacher used to do (before hitting us with one).

Mind you, he also used to make us watch "A Man Called Horse" when the weather was too bad to play rugby. He thought the scene with the chickens' feet in the nipples would be character building for us.

Anonymous User
Wednesday 24 August 2005 12.49pm
The only thing I can say in a Welsh accent is "Who's coat is that jacket" I'm afraid.
Wednesday 24 August 2005 2.44pm
"The only gay in the village"?
Anonymous User
Wednesday 24 August 2005 2.47pm
Yeah but no but yeah but... I hate Little Britain. A poor mans League of Gentlemen (which I didn't much care for either).

That was probably more controversial than admitting to liking The Woolpack wallpaper ;-)
Wednesday 24 August 2005 3.12pm
League of Gents was great, but Little Britain is unwatchable (due to being on constant loop on BBC3/BBC4)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: