Free tickets to the greatest game

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 August 2005 4.03pm
I am extremely excited because this Saturday my hometown Rugby League club (Hull FC) are in the final of the Rugby League Challenge Cup.

They play last season's League Champions, the strongly fancied Leeds, at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Kick off is around 3pm (I'm not exactly sure. We'll be there hours before the game starts to soak in the atmosphere).

Through a moment of panic when booking tickets, I got twice as many tickets as we actually want (there's 4 of us. Mrs and Mrs BB Senior are coming back from Hong Kong to watch our lads' victory), and am having trouble getting rid of the spares.

The spare tickets are four seats together, in the upper tier (block U14, Sth East corner - look on the Stadium website if you're interested. They have a seating plan), and retail at 20 each. They're nowhere near the seats where we'll be sitting (which are in the other end of the ground), so you don't even have to meet me or talk to me or put up with me being a gibbering jelly all afternoon).

Rugby League is a fantastic sport: very fast, physical, and exciting. Saturday will be an enormous match for both teams and you should get to see a great game. Cardiff is a fantastic stadium (the atmosphere is every bit as good as the old finals at Wembley, with the added attraction of the ground being right in the centre of the city).

If anyone wants these tickets, they can have them for nothing. The only condition is that they cheer for Hull. If anyone does want them, you'll have to pm me straight away and I'll post them to you tomorrow. I'm making this offer to other friends, so it's first come first served.

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: