Best place for afternoon tea?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 17 September 2005 8.58pm
My sister has very kindly offered to take me for a special Birthday afternoon tea on Monday. We were hoping to go to the Ritz but they're fully booked - does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? Does the Oxo Tower do afternoon tea.
Saturday 17 September 2005 9.11pm
The Parlour at Sketch ?

A kind of "modern" afternoon tea. Priced similarly to the Ritz but heaps better IMHO. Does get very busy though.

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/4061.htm
Saturday 17 September 2005 10.35pm
We were given an afternoon tea at the Dorchester (Park Lane) as a Christmas Present last year - fantastic, scones, teas, sandwiches, came away feeling full and very posh. Bit of a trek perhaps, but a lovely way to spend an hour or two.

Or how about that cafe/restaurant on the terrace at Somerset house? A bit nearer and a view thrown in...

Mark
Sunday 18 September 2005 6.19am
I was always guided to Brown's HOtel
Sunday 18 September 2005 10.40am
The Conservatory at The Lanesborough Hotel (in the former St George's Hospital at Hyde Park Corner) has had several awards for their afternoon tea.

The venue certainly looked spiffing when I've taken guests to the hotel for cocktails later in the day.
Sunday 18 September 2005 12.30pm
Thank you all so much for the excellent suggestions. Will let you know where we went and what it was like on Monday!
Monday 19 September 2005 7.50am
Yarr, Why not try Saucy Meg's Tavern? Meg's a fine lookin' wench 'an 'er rum 'an buns afternoon special is worth a go.
Anonymous User
Monday 19 September 2005 8.51am
Claridges or The Savoy. Claridges is especially good - the serving boys wear ridiculous outfits!

The Wolsely on Piccadilly is apparently very good too.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 19 September 2005 8.54am by Birdie.
Monday 19 September 2005 12.34pm
I like the Wolsely- nice buzz but less loungie than hotels.
Monday 19 September 2005 1.30pm
Happy Birthday Plum!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: