Wolf Creek

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 19 September 2005 10.04am
I went to see Wolf Creek, billed as this years horror phenomenon, at the cinema last night with 2 friends.
Yes, its about 3 kids whose car breaks down in the outback and the aussie who they think is a good samaritan but who turns out quite quickly to be a sadisitic serial killer.
I like a good horror film, but I much prefer to use my imagination rather than see every gory sadisitic detail on screen.
I had to ditch my mates and leave half way through after seeing a scene of sexual sadisim which literally made me want to throw up.
I went straight home and then had nightmares waking up several times in the night.
One of friends rang me afterwards to tell me how it ended he said it was a good job I left when I did as it was relentless.
Just passing this on, although obviously you can make up your own minds but i am still disturbed by it this morning and I dont normally have such a strong reaction to films/goriness.
Anyone else seen it?
Wednesday 21 September 2005 12.34pm
No, but Jonathan Ross gave it a big thumbs down on Flim 2005 the other night.
I enjoy a good scare too, but like you, I prefer to use my imagination than be subjected to unrelenting nastiness.
Wednesday 21 September 2005 1.26pm
Glad I read that Sarah, we were going to see it, but sexual sadism sounds awful and I hate gory scenes. You have saved me some money Sarah!

If an old G Scott movie comes on t.v. called The Changeling comes on watch that, it's an old fashioned ghost story, probably a bit tame by todays standards thinking about it...
Wednesday 21 September 2005 3.37pm
Thanks JAn!
I was quite annoyed at having spent 8.30 on it too. Am trying not to dwell on it too much but one of my mates keeps finding ways of mentioning it in emails to wind me up.....!
Anonymous User
Thursday 22 September 2005 9.33am
Sarah - my assistant at work went to see it last night despite my warning her of what you'd said about it.

She stayed to the end but was really shaken.

I think I'll give it a miss!
Anonymous User
Thursday 22 September 2005 10.05am
OMG! She's just talked me through the plot - I definitely don't want to see it!
Thursday 22 September 2005 10.27am
Yup -reckon I'll stick with Pride & Prejudice too.
Friday 23 September 2005 12.13pm
I think it's always pretty safe to avoid things with "Wolf" in the title.

Ditto "dreamcatcher".

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 23 September 2005 12.21pm
Quite enjoyed "American Werewolf in London" then again, "Dances with Wolves" - say no more!
Friday 23 September 2005 1.41pm
Werewolves are different, and entirely acceptable.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: