Random foodstuffs question...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 September 2005 3.37pm
This is technically an SE1 question, but probably more suitable for Chatter...

Does anyone know somewhere you can buy buckwheat flour in or around SE1 ? I've tried all the big supermarkets with no luck so am guessing I may have more luck at a speciality shop.

Would be interested to know what other speciality food things people look for and can't find in SE1 - just in case that longed for deli ever opens up...
Friday 23 September 2005 4.46pm
I used to buy buckwheat flour (to make blinis) in the health food shop in Lower Marsh, I can't remember the name of the shop.
Friday 23 September 2005 5.02pm
Cooper's Natural Foods, 17 Lower Marsh

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 23 September 2005 5.31pm
The biggest of the off licenses/foodmarts at the bottom end of tower bridge rd sells gram flour (chickpea) and might have buckwheat flour. Otherwise the organic shop in borough market will probably have it.

I brought back some chestnut flour from my hols - haven't tried doing anything with it yet...

What about opening an SE1 forum deli selling cider (obv) interesting flour, nice wine, good bread (from ticinos) and all other good se1 items?

Friday 23 September 2005 6.47pm
Thank you James. The SE1 Forum Deli if it were to stock hard to find things, might have decent faggots - obvious jokes aside - I can't find them in London.
Sunday 25 September 2005 11.07am
Thanks James and Tharg - will check it out...
Wednesday 28 September 2005 4.52pm
Tharg

if you are looking for faggots I think the Ginger Pig in Borough market sell them
Thursday 29 September 2005 2.52pm
Yes, they do, and they're delicious!

Also, try TAZ deli - Isabella Arches (just off the Cut) for hard to find ingredients.
Monday 3 October 2005 5.44pm
Thank you biscuit boy, I bought caul fat from The Ginger Pig to make my own a couple of year's ago - I wonder if I inspired them to produce theirs?
Monday 3 October 2005 5.44pm
Thank you biscuit boy, I bought caul fat from The Ginger Pig to make my own a couple of year's ago - I wonder if I inspired them to produce theirs?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: