Looking for Guitar and self defence lessons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 26 September 2005 11.18pm
Hi all

I am looking for a couple of clubs for my child to join. Do you know of a good club that is accesible to the southbank area that does:
guitar lessons
self defence classes

Tuesday 27 September 2005 9.12am
The borough music school give sat morning and mon afternoon music lessons 02075259002 for primary school aged children. Based at the borough. The guitar teacher there is really nice but it is popular so I am not sure if there are any places at the moment but it is worth giving them a call. Also there is a martial arts centre in Magdalan street nr london bridge which definately does classes for children and I think does self defense classes. Let me know if you want that number I will try dig it out I have it somewhere as my son wants to do karate and I keep meaning to go down and find out more myself.
Tuesday 27 September 2005 9.30pm
Thanks Jac, my daughter is 11 so may be too old to do the guitar lessons at Borough but I think I may still give them a call to see if they know of any instructors / organisations that teach older children.

I would appreciate very much if you can let me have the number for the elf defense lessons if you are able to locate it. I may then pay the centre a visit to see what it is like and take it from there!

I keep intending to get these classes arranged but I have no idea where to obtain the information. hence my post :-)
Tuesday 27 September 2005 10.31pm
There are a quite a few threads on martial arts lessons. A couple of the most recent are here and here.
Tuesday 27 September 2005 10.44pm
I'm not sure we've ever discussed "elf defence" before though, Siduhe :-)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 27 September 2005 10.52pm
Well I'm game...green pointy hat at the ready and everything...

Wednesday 28 September 2005 7.36pm
Ms jay

following siduhe links I spoted the Tokei centre mentioned, which was the one I am refering to and did a search and now have the following contact details. 020 7403 5079, tokeicentre@hotmail com , www.tokeicentre.org.
Thursday 29 September 2005 1.47pm
Siduhe Wrote:
> Well I'm game...green pointy hat at the ready and
> everything...
> ;-)

If you've got a green hat, does that mean you've got a green bag and shoes to match?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 29 September 2005 1.52pm
A brief mental review of my wardrobe suggests that I have two green bags (one a tasteful sage green "bucket" style bag [I know how you like these details], one a forest green and black bowling bag) and at least three green pairs of shoes....
Thursday 29 September 2005 5.05pm
Don't you have a large red bag as well?

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: