What was the first gig you ever went to?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Anonymous User
Friday 30 September 2005 2.36pm
I'm really bored this afternoon.

When, where and who was your first gig?

Mine was Duran Duran, 1981 at Brighton Dome.

Friday 30 September 2005 2.56pm
Richard Hell somewhere in Hammersmith

(unless you count being dragged along to see David Cassidy when i was very young as my sister loved him so my mum got tickets and said i had to go!-it was dreadful couldn't hear for a week cos of all the screaming-that was just my sister!)
Friday 30 September 2005 3.02pm
Show off.

[and how did you manage to go to a gig when you must have only been about one year old ;0)]

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Friday 30 September 2005 3.14pm
dee dee is coolest by a country mile! Come on Ivanhoe... what was yours?
Friday 30 September 2005 3.37pm
It wouldn't have been anyone famous. I used to get trailed around all sorts of folky-rocky gigs with Mum and Dad from the ages of about 5 to 11. After that, I definitely realised that it was too uncool for me, and I could just about be trusted to look after myself in the house alone, but Hereford at the time wasn't really packed with venues for 11 yr olds, so I spent a lot of time listening to John Peel (when you were at the Dome seeing Duran Duran. I'm only jealous if it was before "Rio").

First really famous person I can remember seeing was probably David Bowie at Wembley. I can't remember when, or how old I was, but I do remember I had to get my mum to take me and I wasn't allowed to get the train to London on my own, so I guess I wasn't that much older than 11 or 12.

[edited to say: I've put a suggestion in feedback that you might be interested in, Birdie. http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/3/41034 ]

Anonymous User
Friday 30 September 2005 3.47pm
I see your feedback. I see your point.

Mind you - I could have called this thread drivel. I only thought of a question because I was bored & only you and dee dee have answered.

And dee dee is too cool for school (and drivel). Are you dee dee after the Ramone?

God I'm bored. 18 minutes to go until I can legitimately crack open the Chateauneuf du Pape at 5pm.

Jac
Friday 30 September 2005 3.51pm
Ian Dury at the Winter Gardens Margate
Friday 30 September 2005 3.54pm
Something in common with Ivanhoe......does that make me cool.

David Bowie, but at Ebbisham Halls Epsom (definately not cool) on the Space Oddity tour.

Please say I look too young.

Last gig, about ten years ago, was the reformed Velvet Underground, somewhere in Camden. Again I was one of the youngest people there. (Mo Tucker on drums....she did the tour because she wanted the money for a new car.)
Friday 30 September 2005 3.55pm
HOORAY!!! Welcome Jac, to the slackers' Friday afternoon thread. Your first gig is pretty cool too.

Friday 30 September 2005 3.57pm
And the Sarah too!!

Seeing Bowie on th eSpace Oddity tour makes you just about the coolest so far, for my money.

But "reformed Velvet Underground" is definitely one of those things that Jamie O-lover has made Nice Mr Blair take off school menus, isn't it?

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: