weeds.....t.v.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 October 2005 11.41am
I am being driven mad by the ad. for the forthcoming t.v. show ' weeds ' does any one the music is? :-)
Tuesday 4 October 2005 12.27pm
From The New Yorker last month...

“Weeds” is no exception; this is how the show tells us both that there are dirty secrets in these California closets and that it has satirical credibility. Like most shows, “Weeds” doesn't win any points for subtlety in this area, or in some others, including its soundtrack, which underlines every moment with all too obvious knowingness. The show's theme song is the insufferably smug sixties folk ditty “Little Boxes,” by the protest singer Malvina Reynolds, an indictment of suburban conformity that you need to hear only once in your life, for historical purposes. It doesn't feel good to be talked down to at the beginning of every episode of a show.
Wednesday 5 October 2005 6.42am
Thank you Lang Rabbie..:-) I shall now look up the ' imsufferably smug sixties folk singer Malvina reynolds'...then find a Little Box and stuff the girl in the Herbal Essences Ad. with her boyfriends loin cloth! I know it's a change of subject, but thats another ad. that drives me potty. I wonder if any one else finds certain ads. drives 'em mad? or is it just me?
Anonymous User
Wednesday 5 October 2005 8.25am
I can't stand that herbal essences one Jan, they're so smug! Why doesn't he know where his socks are anyway? Surely they'd be wherever he put them?

Del
Tuesday 11 October 2005 8.09pm
Jan the old one Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am being driven mad by the ad. for the
> forthcoming t.v. show ' weeds ' does any one the
> music is? :-)

I actually have to fast forward past this song, everytime, it's so annoying. Thought I had heard the last of it a long time ago! Love the show, otherwise!!!!

Del
Tuesday 11 October 2005 8.11pm
Your comment made me crack up!!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network