Freeview

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 7 October 2005 10.23am
Could be a daft Q, but with my rooftop aerial I get good BBC1 & 2 signal, ok Ch4, rubbish Ch3 and 5. Does anyone know if I got a freeview box, whether I would get a decent enough signal?
ADT
Friday 7 October 2005 11.56am
We share a rooftop aerial with the flat below us. Depending on atmospheric conditions, we often have poor ITV reception (no digital box). The lady who lives below us has a digital box (connected to the same aerial) and she never has a problem with ITV. So a digital box might do you some good (but then again...)
Friday 7 October 2005 12.38pm
We have a freeview box that works with the external aerial. It gets interference from passing scooters for some reason (telly must work on the same whining frequency or something), and sometimes from lights being switched on and off, but otherwise it's the same as normal analogue reception. Have you had someone round to move your aerial? Sometimes if they shift in the wind, they end up pointing in the wrong direction which is why the signal goes bad...
th
Sunday 9 October 2005 6.42pm
We had terrible reception from all the cranes and scaffolding around Bermondsey street so got a Freeview box, attached it to an external shared aerial and got perfect reception for all channels. The only thing that causes any interference is when we use our shredder.
Monday 10 October 2005 11.34am
chuckalata Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . It gets interference from
> passing scooters for some reason (telly must work
> on the same whining frequency or something),

How fascinating. Do tell us more. Does my scooter emit radio waves? If I'm always driving through built up areas, could I get a telly screen for a pillion to watch? Would I need a license?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 10 October 2005 11.34am
chuckalata Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . It gets interference from
> passing scooters for some reason (telly must work
> on the same whining frequency or something),

How fascinating. Do tell us more. Does my scooter emit radio waves? If I'm always driving through built up areas, could I get a telly screen for a pillion to watch? Would I need a license?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 11 October 2005 9.54am
Since they started building the new flats on OK Rd (on the old Caesars site) my Ch5 reception has gone to pot. As I love CSI, Law & Order, The Shield etc I got a freeview box & bingo problem solved - but - my video interferes with the reception for some reason (as if it is acting as it's own ariel) so I have to keep plugging & unplugging it or I can only record the channel that I am watching - pointless! Any tips gratefully received as I have already had several friends round trying to sort it out to no avail.

BTW my freeview box was 35 from Currys (by Tesco) - bargain!
Friday 14 October 2005 4.49am
We had very bad TV reception (shadows, scrolling picture) but thanks to the comments above we got a Freeview box yesterday, prior to our booking the new aerial installation.

Despite a really bad TV signal (and our aerial is a different shape to everyone else's on the street so we assumed it was an old one), the Freeview box works perfectly. So that saved us 100 or more fo rthe new aerial fitting - and we were completely stunned for something to work so well so quickly for once AND save us money. Thanks SE1ers (especially those in this thread above!!).

Definitely worth a try as a cure/alternative for a dodgy signal, IMO.

And BBC4 is back with us again. Bliss.

Cheers,
Mark
Tuesday 18 October 2005 6.12pm
The Freeview channels have been updated from today 18th Oct.
For details select TEXT from any BBC channel and go to page 9991.
ITV 4 is on 30
E4+1 now on 32
News channels have moved from 40's to 80's
BBCi is on 105 with the interactive going from 700's to 300's
Radio Stations moved from 70's to 700's

Best to do a first time installation and if all the channels don't load make sure you have a good
signal and check the scart lead connections are tight and do it again.
Several other channels have also moved.
There is also a signal on Channel 8 but no info as yet.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: