Apple scandal in Southwark !!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 October 2005 1.03pm
I've just discovered that as part of the art exhibit, Reap, organised by the Cafe Gallery in Southwark Park, running to 30 October the following disturbing news:

Throughout the year, Anne Bean installed several works for Reap in which transformation could be witnessed, including:

Remember Me, a gradual decomposition of 5000 apples slowly revealing a hidden message

The horror, the horror - think of the cider that could have been!

Reap opens on Saturday 17th September at Cafe Gallery Projects,Coleman Project Space,Dilston Grove and other locations in Southwark Park and runs until Sunday 30th October 2005.

Cafe Gallery Projects London is open to the public Wednesday to Sunday,midday to 5 pm.www.cafegalleryprojects.org

Coleman Project Space is open to the public Wednesday to Sunday,midday to 5 pm.www.colemanprojects.org.uk

Dilston Grove will be open Saturday and Sunday,midday to 5pm and there will be small group tours of the “secret garden ” on the hour from midday to 5pm,Saturday and Sunday.To book a tour,please email reap@artsadmin.co.uk or call 020 7247 5102.

Edited to add: Dilston Grove is the "concrete church" - the former Clare College Mission church by the south-west gate into Southwark Park.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 9 October 2005 1.11pm by Lang Rabbie.
Sunday 9 October 2005 1.12pm
The woman is ripping me off! I came up with a conceptual piece called, I DON'T REMEMBER A THING. This was after the gradual fermentation of 5000 apples which slowly revealed some cider which I drank in a single sitting.
Monday 10 October 2005 9.11am
NSPCA to the rescue!

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 10 October 2005 2.20pm
Ivanhoe - do you have a phone number, webpage, email adress, or registered charity number for the 'National Society for the Protection of Cider Apples'? I'd like to contact them to help in the worthy cause!
Monday 10 October 2005 2.50pm
I've just made it up Jon. If you're quick you can be a co-founder.

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: