Cider & Perry Festival

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 13 October 2005 9.43am
CAMRA beer, cider & perry festival at The Wenlock Arms off City Road on 29th and 30th October. Landlord mentioned a prize winning welsh perry and a two year old Kingston Black. It's in the upstairs room and is free to get in. I think this may be my favourite pub. On a saturday afternoon with the racing on (sound down) a pint of real cider with a black pudding and Mustard doorstep sandwich? Anyone fancy it?
Thursday 13 October 2005 9.47am
Friday 21 October 2005 2.53pm
Sounds great!
Friday 21 October 2005 3.51pm
Oops!! Daft bugger that I am I got the dates wrong. It's 21st and 22nd, i.e. tonight and tomorrow! Sorry for misinformation.
Friday 21 October 2005 4.01pm
I'm still up for it.
Monday 24 October 2005 1.57pm
Did you go?

I went on Friday night, and had a very nice, rather strong pint of cider - unfortunately I've no idea what it was called as someone was shouting down my ear when the barman told me...

nice place though, and what looked like a large selection of real ales.
Monday 24 October 2005 2.06pm
We did. We drank several pints of that very nice, rather strong cider (New Forest Cider Company's 2 year old Kingston Black ) it was superb - very smooth and very complex. We also had some perry from the same maker, again it was very good. We also had some Heck's medium cider, another thumbs up for this.
The Wenlock is a nice place, I wish there were more pubs in London like that, and I wish it was in SE1. You get a good mixed crowd, top beers, fantastic doorstep sandwiches, and they do quizes (although some people take them very seriously) and they usually put on some entetainment on a Saturday night.
Monday 24 October 2005 2.22pm
When I a large sum on the Lottery, I'm going to own a pub, in SE1 and it's going to be a lot like The Wenlock (with any luck). unitl then, it's just a short(ish) bus ride away.
Tuesday 25 October 2005 10.31pm
I'm going to buy you a lottery ticket.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: