Police at Kings Cross

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 October 2005 9.13pm
I visited London today for the first time since the July Bombings and clearly I noticed that there were more police around Kings Cross etc.

When I was returning to Kings Cross in the taxi (I'd used the Underground when I had arrived) I noticed that there were at least 3 fire engines as well as several police cars and ambulances with the appropriate crews inside them outside the train station. People were still going in and out of the station however and no-one appeared alarmed. Still, I asked the taxi driver what was going on and he said "Must be something serious."

Now, clearly there wasn't something serious and when I went inside I actually asked a Community Support Officer if she knew anything about it and she said that no-one had told her about anything and that all she knew was that there had been a train crash somewhere in the country (which wasn't on the news so I suppose it wasn't serious).

So, does anyone know what this build up of the emergency services was or is it like this everyday?
Monday 24 October 2005 12.52am
Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.

Elbert Hubbard

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: