Hostess Trolley

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 24 October 2005 9.51pm
It's official - the Seventies are back! Looking through the latest John Lewis catalogue they have a full page image of a Hostess Trolley - available in Mahogany, Teak, Limed Oak or Cherry Wood Laminate finish. If John Lewis say the Margot Leadbetter lifestyle accessory is 'in' then who are we to argue. Oh the glamour of it all!

Has anyone else noticed any indications of the return of this golden decade?
Monday 24 October 2005 10.42pm
http://www.johnlewis.com/Search/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=hostess%20trolley&Offset=1&refined=0

They're actually known as one of few retailers who stil sell them, and apparently they sell quite well!
Monday 24 October 2005 10.52pm
Ohmigod, is that a Tudorbethan one in the image? I so wish I had the space to have such a thing of beauty.
Wednesday 26 October 2005 8.15am
I have a oak pot cupboard that looks just like HL6241.....with a bit of imagination and a thermos dish.......
Saturday 29 October 2005 10.04am
It's just a shame that you can no longer get Goblin teasmades (he says, waiting for someone to put him right). I always wanted one, but was a bit young at the time.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 29 October 2005 12.23pm
I Goodled Goblin Teasmade and many of the Links were for Australian sites ... is there some Antipodean predilection for such unusuality, bearing in mind they went mad for Abba. Andrew (NZ) can you enlighten us as our man on the ground?
Sunday 30 October 2005 9.01am
Andrew will have one, but be too embarassed to tell us :0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 30 October 2005 9.15am
I won a butlers tray in a competition a few months ago. Beautifully made with a folding stand. It's one of those things I wouldn't have thought of buying but is very useful.
Monday 31 October 2005 12.47pm
Ivanhoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's just a shame that you can no longer get
> Goblin teasmades (he says, waiting for someone to
> put him right). I always wanted one, but was a
> bit young at the time.
>
> ...if you press it, they will come.

Ivanhoe
There are always a handfull on eBay at any given time but steer clear of those' buy-it-now for 50' listings throwing adjectives around like'retro' or even 'vintage'. No reason why you shouldn't bag a good runner for under 20 inc. P+P. There's a Goblin 860 model coming up in 2 days which looks pretty perky.
Hot cider first thing in the morning? There's a notion!
Anonymous User
Monday 31 October 2005 12.49pm
Lakeland do a teasmade too... one of the best presents anyone ever bought me!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: