Done?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 5 November 2005 4.20pm
Two late-middle-aged women knocked on my door today and claimed that their dead husband used to live in my flat. They seemed genuine and cried and everything when I showed them round. They didn't ask any dodgy questions and seemed to know various things about the history of the building. Have I just been spectacularly done or was my trust put in the right place? Has anybody else in SE1 had anything similar happen to them?
Sunday 6 November 2005 10.29am
Did you count the spoons after they left?
Sunday 6 November 2005 1.07pm
Er...two ladies with ONE husband?
Monday 7 November 2005 9.32am
Might be worth a very thorough check of your finances over the next week or two, sounds like an easy way to pick up just enough bits of paper with your ID details to do some damage to your bank account (or order a new card, or send in a change of address request). And certainly beware any unexpected callers in the next few weeks (armed with whatever knowledge these two might have picked up).

or they might have been entirely genuine of course.

Fingers crossed for the latter, but at least consider the former...
Monday 7 November 2005 4.07pm
Two lady callers at the same time - can you give them my address!
Monday 28 November 2005 4.49pm
When I had an old Vicarage in the country, a man and his mother turned up. She was over 90 years old. She was the daughter of a vicar who had lived there once... told me some fascinating stories about its history, and her brother who had gone off to the war (WWI) and never returned. She showed me a secret room I didn't know existed, told me a ghost story and a murder story (they were linked) then she pointed out a window that had a message scratched in it. She said her fiance had written it with her engagement ring before he also had gone to war. Both had died in the trenches. I was glad I let them in to look around. I gave them tea too. For a few years they sent Christmas cards, and then I got a letter from her son to say she had died. But you can't tell, can you? -- and two wives sounded a bit odd. Were they Mormons?
Tuesday 29 November 2005 3.47pm
"She showed me a secret room I didn't know existed" - said Rose ... we could start a whole new Thread for those of us who fantasise about that. I have a recurring dream where I find a previously forgotten East Wing in my flat!
Anonymous User
Tuesday 29 November 2005 3.49pm
I dream about the same house all the time that has a part I don't go in because it is really scary, I'm never sure why - I just know it is scary.
Tuesday 29 November 2005 4.18pm
Paul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "She showed me a secret room I didn't know
> existed" - said Rose ... we could start a whole
> new Thread for those of us who fantasise about
> that. I have a recurring dream where I find a
> previously forgotten East Wing in my flat!

I have that dream, too! Although usually it's just one more room, but sometimes there's actually another floor to my flat....
Tuesday 29 November 2005 6.10pm
Isn't the subconcious interesting - someone really should write a book ...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: