Re: Hampton Court Ghost Tour

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 November 2005 9.41am
I went on this last night and I had said on a previous thread that I'd post my experience.
No 1 thing to say is that I love Hampton Court and have been a few times before by daylight.
My flatmate had never been before so her first sight of it was all by torch light which is a bit of a shame- it was nice to compare the 2 experiences.
We met outside on the bridge and were told of an employee's encounter with a grey lady right there- this suitably scared us into being a bit apprehensive when the front doors swung open.....
Seeing the palace by torchlight was amazing- the guide did say that it really comes alive at night and it's true- you can much better imagine all the people who've lived there when it's dark and quiet.
The places we visited were Lady Baden-Powells old grace and favour bedroom off the Great Hall, the Great Hall, the Watching Room, Fountain Court, Mrs Mallaby's house, the East Front, the exhibition room where the famous figure and the fire doors image was captured by cctv and of course the Haunted Gallery.
Half way round we stopped for hot chocolate and cake.
Highlight was the Haunted Gallery. The ask if you want to go down it alone, in a pair or in a group- then they leave everyone else in the watching room to minimise noise interference and you walk down it alone. It is very dimly lit and actually quite long- at the end a guide opens the doors and lets you out.
Most people took it quite slowly to savour the atmosphere- we had worked ourselves up by that point and virtually sprinted down!
Whether you believe in ghosts or not, it was a great experience, although i think 25 is a bit too pricey.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: