Finding People, Help Please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 14 November 2005 8.24pm
What is the best way to find emigrated friends over the net? Any help gratefully received. Thanks.
Tuesday 15 November 2005 1.53pm
Hi harry,

I was able to track down some of my old friends in Australia a few years ago, but it was a combination of phone calls and internet searching. I started with the phone calls to our mutual friends and families and some of their old employers. Than I tried yellow and white pages and Factiva search (a global news database I had access to as I was working in the library).

It's a bit of a detective work really, so you might try making a list of all the things you know about them. Friends I was looking for and managed to find are Serbian who immigrated to Australia, so going to the Serbian community parties and the church also helped.

Good luck and let me know how you go.

Tuesday 15 November 2005 9.45pm
If you know what country they've moved to, you might find the online phone directory for that country is a good place to start.
Wednesday 16 November 2005 3.08pm
try as a starting point

One of those useful sites that makes the web such a wonderful (not perfect, just wonderful) research tool: a directory of directories, links to white and yellow pages for 184 countries all neatly organised - if your friend is listed, they're likely to be ina phone book. At least it narrows down the options a little.

No connection etc etc, just a fan...
Wednesday 16 November 2005 3.11pm
A long shot, but friendsreunited might be another place to look

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: