Best veggie restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 5 January 2006 1.35pm
Not SE1, but any help most appreciated.

A colleague wants to take his wife to a "posh" restaurant in town somewhere (by which I read "Zone 1, or possibly Zone 2 West"). She's a vegetarian. He isn't, but is happy to eat veggie if that's all that's on the menu.

Can any of you high-living SE1-ers recommend a good restaurant for a treat that's either veggie or veggie-friendly please?

Thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 5 January 2006 2.04pm
Eat and Two Veg in Marylebone - not sure if it counts as posh though...more a diner type restaurant.

Or see the list here, although be warned that the Squaremeal site is running very slow today...

Edited to say - I forgot the Gate - www.thegate.tv - posher than Eat and Two Veg. Very nice food, and lovely organic wine. Would get my vote.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 5 January 2006 2.14pm by Siduhe.
Thursday 5 January 2006 3.39pm
the gate in queen caroline street is a good veggie eatery (well last time i was there) but a bit west from here

the prism in leddonhall has good selection of veggie dishes and is more posh

the Last in shoe lane-not posh more gastro wine bar but again good selection of both

Thursday 5 January 2006 3.48pm
Thanks very much. I said "The Gate", but they've been there....

(Please. Any more ideas. Do keep them coming)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 5 January 2006 5.47pm
Chai Pani, Rajasthani vegetarian restaurant near Marble Arch that serves everything from high tea to a banquet?

http://www.chaipani.co.uk/

(website seems to have been designed by someone's teenager - when you reach the "food" page click on the brown box in the middle to reach detailed menu items)
Thursday 5 January 2006 5.52pm
Or get your colleague to blindfold his wife, and take her southbound in a cab to Tooting to the incomparable Kastoori - home to some of the best vegetarian indian cooking in London, and certainly far smarter than almost every west end venue serving such grub. With what he saves against West End costs, he can buy her a decent present as well.

http://travel.guardian.co.uk/restaurants/story/0,13739,1002856,00.html

Friday 6 January 2006 8.17am
I'm a high liver...12th floor....but I'm not a veggie. My sister always said that vegetarians have no eyebrows.
Friday 6 January 2006 9.37am
The Roussillon in Pimlico has a 'garden menu' which is veggie - reputed to be excellent although I haven't eaten there, I ate at the Admiralty in Somerset House a couple of years ago which had a vegetarian menu, but I'm not sure whether they still do. Most really smart restaurants will do veggie - especially if requested in advance.

Sarah
Friday 6 January 2006 9.53am
sarah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Roussillon in Pimlico has a 'garden menu'
> which is veggie - reputed to be excellent although
> I haven't eaten there,

> Sarah

Oh yes. I last ate there (five years ago?) just before they got the Michelin star. Ihave to admit I found the carnivorous options too tempting, but the Garden Menu did look fascinating.

The service was formidably formal, with lots of waiters bearing napkins, and the wine list is wallet-stretching, but the food was excellent.
Friday 6 January 2006 3.36pm
it might be worth trying Morgan M.

www.morganm.com

It's posh, the food is utterly deeelicious and it's got a special garden menu for veggies. Small restuarant with only one sitting a night, and posh without being snotty.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: