On a different note

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 23 February 2006 9.23am
Who knows where I can learn to read music? I would like to be able to sing from paper, so to speak.
Thursday 23 February 2006 1.56pm
Floodlight may list a course?
Thursday 23 February 2006 5.09pm
morley college - excellent, cheap courses, and a mere 453 or 53 bus ride away Maurits. I do classes there, and thingk they are great. It's on Waterloo Rd, just by Lambeth North Tube. I have a prospectus at home if you want to pop round and borrow it?
Thursday 23 February 2006 5.19pm
Details of the Morley Music department can be found here

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 23 February 2006 6.10pm
Hat, you're fab. As ever! Thanks for that!
Thursday 23 February 2006 6.20pm
Not directly related to the subject - but I think I read in one of the local newspapers that Morley College was under threat of closure due to lack of funds. Does anyone know any details about this?

(Related to the thread I suppose in that the course will only be available if the College remains open! Though they weren't talking in terms of imminent closure, more a medium term threat.)
Thursday 23 February 2006 6.22pm
[quote fabhat]morley college - excellent, cheap courses, and a mere 453 or 53 bus ride away Maurits. I do classes there, and thingk they are great. It's on Waterloo Rd, just by Lambeth North Tube. I have a prospectus at home if you want to pop round and borrow it?

It's on Westminster Bridge Road!!!!!!
Friday 24 February 2006 11.44am
sorry - i should have checked that before I posted - apols to anyone who searched waterloo rd fruitlessly, looking for Morley!
Friday 24 February 2006 6.30pm
Morley is a great place. Support it if you can. And you will meet loads of other interesting people there, many of them locals.
Saturday 25 February 2006 1.56am
Maurits - it's not difficult, there are only 8 different notes (letters a-g) then sharps and flats for most of these, with about 4 normal lengths/times of notes, and some squiggles to learn. i don't believe there is any point in actually having lessons, unless you have singing lessons, and get taught the reading at the same time. I would say the easiest thing would be to get a begginers book for any instrument, but probably something simple like a recorder, which will teach you the note reading (and how to play the recorder as an added bonus). I may even have something from when i started learning to play the saxophone that you could have, if i can find it, and if you want if.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network