Maldives

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 3 March 2006 12.51pm
Does any one know what the Maldives is like?
I'm trying to find a decent package holiday to there with lots of stuff to do and a really good nightlife as well.
Anyone got any ideas?
Friday 3 March 2006 1.28pm
People go to the Maldives to get away from it all. There is no 'nightlife' as such. I went there on a
diving holiday a few years ago for a month. The only entertainment was a local band that travelled
from island to island and the friday night lobster party. We stayed on Baros which was incredible and
went diving every day and fishing by boat on the reefs at night. Booked with Kuoni and usually you can
negotiate extra weeks (if you have the time) for very little. It's the flights and fees take the bulk but
booking extra weks can be very reasonable. Absolute paradise on earth.
Lots to do if you are in to water sports, but if you're looking to party every night, better head to Ibiza.
Sunday 5 March 2006 8.03am
The Maldives is really quiet, that's the beauty of it. Just a suggestion, but if you can stand the longer flight, for what you are looking for, it sounds like Great Keppel Island in Oz would be the perfect spot - I've been there a few times a few years ago, and it does somehow manage to be the perfect combination of getaway and party island. They have some great bars and a nightclub, and loads of different sport including tennis, golf, diving snorkelling, waterskiing etc. On the other hand they will lend you a small boat, you can putter around the island to another beach, with the yummy packed lunch they give you, and have a Robinson Crusoe day by being the only two people on a beach.
Thursday 9 March 2006 3.13pm
Cheers for help.
Have just found out that a DJ friend of mine is going over to the Maldives as part of a whole package holiday - i.e. they're actually employing him to play for people on the holiday. I think he said it was the White Sands resort or something.
From what people have said, this sounds a bit out of character with the Maldives. Does that sound likely to other people?
Thursday 9 March 2006 8.38pm
You're all making me feel soooooo miserable with the weather and being stuck in London. I wish I'd never read this thread! It sounds gorgeous and maybe one day I'll go.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: