Don't walk alone in SE17

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 March 2006 4.13pm
Recently, there have been a spate of muggings with sexual assault in the Rodney Place/Balfour Street area. Myself and a number of young woman have been attacked from behind seemingly to steal their handbags. However, the attacker then proceeds to sexually assault his victims. It is felt that the attacker knows the area well and silently follows his prey until they get to an area where they can't escape (Henshaw Street is a dead end and Victory Place/Balfour Street are both badly lit and, in the main, deserted). A number of the victims live and were attacked in Henshaw Street. Some feel that the attacker may hide in Victory Park and follow his victims from there. Please be extra vigilant when walking in these areas at night and avoid Balfour Street/Rodney Place if possible. If you have no alternative but to use these routes (eg if you live in Henshaw Street) you may want to consider having somebody meet you at the New Kent Road so that you are not alone.

What a sad society we live in! Keep safe and happy.

No matter how I struggle and strive, I'll never get out of this world alive. - Little Willys
Friday 17 March 2006 12.28pm
Horrid. I hope you are OK.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: