Mice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 21 March 2006 3.15pm
Any tips for getting rid of mice? I've tried:- poison, traps of various types, sticky boards, sonic devices, cat ...

The mice are still evident.
Tuesday 21 March 2006 3.33pm
move?

You say you've tried 'sonic devices' - have you tried the version that sends a pulse through the electrical wiring as well?

And what did you do with the cat when it proved useless?
Tuesday 21 March 2006 4.01pm
Tuesday 21 March 2006 5.25pm
they are scared of rats, get a few rats from your local sewer and release them in your property, hey presto
Tuesday 21 March 2006 5.47pm
Well done phoney!!!
Tuesday 21 March 2006 7.21pm
We had the same problem, two things seemed to do the trick, the sonic pulse things and the most important thing is to make sure they have no supply of water in the house/flat everyting including watered plants etc if there's nowhere for them to drink they soon go
Tuesday 21 March 2006 8.49pm
Love Phoney's contribution. Thanks for the water tip also, will try starving the plants. Meanwhile the cat is back with the neighbour, head hung in shame.

Didn't know about the sonic pulse thru the wires devices - will pop into Rymans and see what they can do for me.
Wednesday 22 March 2006 10.09am
block all the holes they get through with wire wool from the DIY shop-or B&Q's. They cannot bite through it and it scratches them-advice given to my sister by rent o kill and we did this when we had mice and it worked.
Wednesday 22 March 2006 11.48am
also bait the traps with peanut butter or chocolate. that's what they like apparently! watch out fotr your clothes too - when I had mice they cruelly ate through my most expensive dress...to make silk chiffon nests!!!
Wednesday 22 March 2006 4.02pm
fabhat wrote:
watch out fotr your clothes too - when I had mice they cruelly ate through my most expensive dress...to make silk chiffon nests!!!

The moths got my decent gear last summer. Oh and a couple of years ago I blocked every hole I could find with Wire Wool - they hate it apparently. Heck knows how they get in.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: