Cillit Bang - does it work?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 28 March 2006 2.12pm
What are people's experience of Cillit Bang?

Niall
Tuesday 28 March 2006 2.21pm
A very noisy advert.
Tuesday 28 March 2006 2.24pm
it really is as good as the ad says it is!
It does seem to clean pretty much everything, though obviously it does sometimes need a good bit of elbow grease as well and not just a casual wipe like Barry Scott uses...
Tuesday 28 March 2006 3.15pm
I like the fact that the advert that comes up for this thread is psychotherapy counselling!
Tuesday 28 March 2006 3.47pm
rachee1 wrote:
it really is as good as the ad says it is!

I beg to differ - it's next to useless - if you look at the chemical content you'll see that it's incapable of dealing with Limescale, recently one of The Guardian went to town on this in their Bad Science column - they rubbished the products claims. The other product which makes equally spurious claims is Mr Muscle All-in-one -you might as well use water.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 28 March 2006 6.47pm
I found that it makes dirty coins nice and shiny (I couldn't resist copying the ad) but otherwise it isn't as good as Dettol & it smells really nasty.
Tuesday 28 March 2006 7.07pm
I don't often bother with cleaning products but found it very good for ancient grime on plasicky or painted surfaces. It was particularly sucessful for cleaning boats! I believe it works by oxidation, so it would be good for some things and not for others. For what I used it for, it did noticably reduce the amount of elbow-grease required. The fragrance gave me a headache though.
Tuesday 28 March 2006 9.05pm
Birdie wrote:
I found that it makes dirty coins nice and shiny

Poor young Birdie, still singing of an evening for a few coins in her hat.
Tuesday 28 March 2006 9.09pm
it took the enamale off my bath!!!! although i left it on for about a minute too long.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 28 March 2006 9.26pm
Paul wrote:
Birdie wrote:
I found that it makes dirty coins nice and shiny

Poor young Birdie, still singing of an evening for a few coins in her hat.

I'm NOT poor! just a bit dumb!!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: