A lot less bovver

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 March 2006 10.52pm
I did a double take this afternoon in St Thomas Street - there was a youngish guy gliding along the pavement. At first I thought he was on a mini-scooter (the silver ones that were fashionable for five minutes a couple of years ago), then I thought he might be on roller-skates. But no, his seemingly ordinary looking black trainers must have had wheels in the soles as they weren't quite touching the ground but he was speeding along faster than walking pace.

And no I hadn't been drinking!
Wednesday 29 March 2006 12.02am
I saw a kid wearing similar trainers last week in Glasgow Airport. The wheels were in the heels.
Wednesday 29 March 2006 12.18am
It took him a week to get to SE1? Better than Virgin Trains!
Wednesday 29 March 2006 9.27am
Erm, they've been around for years.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 29 March 2006 10.45am
I think you might have seen the new Icemotion skates. These have recently been developed by a team at Imperial College, funded by Jacko (remember Jackoskates from about 35 years ago). The principle is quite simple. Two micro refrigeration devices in the heal produce a monolayer of ice underneath the shoe allowing the wearer to glide along - a bit like ice skating but in reverse.
Wednesday 29 March 2006 12.14pm
i think they might be heelys-trainers with a wheel built in to the heel (hence the name)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: