Habitat V Ikea

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 14 April 2006 12.14am
I was just reading the ad on the topic page for the MCH flat being sold by sarahmc and it made me think about Habitat V Ikea (Sarah doesn't do Ikea) I suppose the advantage of cheap and cheerful is you can chuck it out with no regrets when you get bored with it or move.
No mention of the length of lease or the service charges
I also googled Metro Central Heights and got 4,366,000 results.
Mind you, when the years of building work begins at the Elephant it might be best to relocate quickly.
Anonymous User
Friday 14 April 2006 10.27pm
Habitat are owned by Ikea now aren't they? The only difference I can see is that Habitat charge more for their flat pack furniture.
Tuesday 18 April 2006 12.49am
Ikea has meatballs.
Tuesday 18 April 2006 7.49am
I like both but agree with Birdie that Ikea is definitely more value for money. Disadvantage of Habitat is that they charge 25 delivery charges and usually deliver 2 weeks after the purchase, which is too long.

I wanted to buy pots for plants on the balcony and they could only be delivered weeks after I wanted them. The flower shop in the Borough Market had them in stock and delivers for free, including compost. Much better service!
Tuesday 18 April 2006 9.38am
Ikea also has a car park; hot dogs; a ball pool; and lots and lots of things that you didn't realise you needed
Tuesday 18 April 2006 10.10am
IKEA is great for basic stuff and does great kitchen stuff. If you select stuff on their website and do a stock check in advance then just go and collect it is OK, but for organised people. Habitat is good for some great design for small objects such as Tord Boontje for light shades etc. And some nice kitchen stuff. But if you have a large furnishing project, IKEA wins hands down IMHO.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Tuesday 18 April 2006 12.30pm
Ikea is good for starter kit furniture, we hired a van and bought almost a whole flats worth of stuff in a day from there, we couldn't have afforded to do that form habitat - or wait weeks for delivery, but we can gradualy replace with nicer stuff as and when. Ikea's more for needs than wants - though I always come away with a bag of little tings I never thought I needed before!
Tuesday 18 April 2006 12.58pm
maurits wrote:
I wanted to buy pots for plants on the balcony and they could only be delivered weeks after I wanted them

I was told they were 'accessories' (The ones I wanted are massive and very heavy) and couldn't be delivered. Give me Ikea any day, it's always a fun day out, buying loads of stuff we don't need and waste fuel in the 4X4 into the bargain!
Tuesday 18 April 2006 1.15pm
Funny how Habitat has a much more upmarket reputation these days. When it first opened in the King's Road it was seen as very 'IKEA' i.e. cheap and cheerful, and was known as 'Shabbytat'.
Tuesday 18 April 2006 4.37pm
wait until the great dane arrives!
http://www.ilva.co.uk
we are red- we are white- we are danish dynamite....
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: