London Marathon

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 23 April 2006 5.42pm
Well just finished giving out water at the water station, does any body know if Jade Goodey crossed the finishing line??? She didnt pass me at 23 miles!!!
Sunday 23 April 2006 10.16pm
I went out to watch for the first time thinking it would be hot weather like yesterday .
And got Rother wet..

I also think the planed Olyimpic route will be much better.
Monday 24 April 2006 11.29am
According to the Sun, poor Jade collapsed at the 18th mile crying "I'm dying, I'm dying" and had to be taken to hospital. We saw her at mile 12, walking in her tennis shoes and Gucci bumbag, and she didn't look too happy then.
Monday 24 April 2006 2.58pm
I ran the London Marathon yesterday and am feeling very proud of myself - and I can even just about walk today!

Thanks so much to people like you Pops for standing in the rain and giving out drinks - it really does make a massive difference. How did you get involved? I'd really like to help out next year as a thank you - particularly as I don't intend to put myself through a marathon again!
Monday 24 April 2006 4.55pm
well done to all of you who took part or helped out you have my admiration as i would only do it by car!!

can anyone of you recommend a good book web site etc or advice on running for a novice-i have signed up to do the 5 km womens run in September for charity-yes I know it is not far but to me it is a marathon-and want to run it rather than walk it but detest running (as was forced to do cross country at school)
Monday 24 April 2006 4.59pm
I'm doing race for life in June, I've started trainin and as dee dee said "its only 5KM" but the thought is really putting me off, BUT its for a good cause.
Monday 24 April 2006 9.55pm
Hi Guys,

Try: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk. There is a good beginer's link on there.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: