paint

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 24 April 2006 9.29am
I want to paint something that is silver coloured metal a gold or brass colour -can anyone tell me if there is a paint i can use to do this that will work ok?
Monday 24 April 2006 9.51am
'Hammerite' might do it. It's sold in most diy places and I think there's a smooth finish type. Or perhaps try some of the car or decorative paint sprays - B&Q sell those as well.
Monday 24 April 2006 10.38am
You could try a good old fashioned paint shop who are able to give proper advice. My choice would be Park Paint on Battersea Park Road. But then I know the owner and he knows his paint.
Monday 24 April 2006 10.39am
is the hardware store down the blue still there? bermondsey wallpapers i think.
Tuesday 25 April 2006 1.05pm
thanks

jan i don't re call a hardware shop????????
Anonymous User
Tuesday 25 April 2006 1.17pm
Oooh - there is one down the Blue. At least there was last summer, I haven't walked down that way for ages! It was past the market - up opposite Galleywall Road.
Tuesday 25 April 2006 1.36pm
There's one on TBR, opposite side to The Hartley and a bit further south - is that the one y'all mean?
Tuesday 25 April 2006 1.38pm
Bermondsey DIY....still there.....fascinating old shop...tin baths...garden canes....paint....screws.....stepladders, compost.....257 Southwark Park Road...
Tuesday 25 April 2006 2.11pm
The tin baths were only 35 the last time I looked - was considering them as planters at the time!
Tuesday 25 April 2006 3.24pm
funny enough in winter my daughter buys coal scuttles made of same metal to arrange large flowers etc! ( in derbyshire! if any one wants them i'd get one when it's cold....)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: