French Connection

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 17 May 2006 2.05pm
Just seen the most awful window display in F.Co. two scantily dressed females fighting - hair pulling - slapping. The one in the bikini was on the receiving end of a stiletto in her pubic/crutch region.! and they say that young girls are becoming as violent as boys...I wonder why when violence is portayed as so ordinary and acceptable in shop windows!

I must be getting old...not a lot of people found it as disgusting as me..:-(
Wednesday 17 May 2006 2.23pm
They should definitely take their shoes off before fighting.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 17 May 2006 2.25pm
Perhaps they should take their bikinis off, they might get torn. Actually, joking apart, it seems a bit OTT.
Wednesday 17 May 2006 3.14pm
Why didn't I think of that, Jackie?

Wednesday 17 May 2006 3.24pm
I blame the parents.
Thursday 18 May 2006 6.17am
I'm often tempted to go in and talk to the assistants in FC and other shops where I feel their advertising and marketing is offensive if only to ask them to pass on the fact that a potential customer is boycotting them. Does anyone know of a guerrilla stickering group: I'd join. BTW does M&S, Sainsbury's etc. still have airconditioning at such arctic levels that the staff wear fleeces and gloves in the summer? I moaned at anyone who'd listen a few summers ago. I think its a moral isssue and as consumers we should boycott companies for polluting our visual and actual environment.
Thursday 18 May 2006 7.48am
Alex, I have sent an e-mail to the general contact number at f.c. I'm beginning to feel like Mary Whitehouse! as I said it was not the clothing or lack of it, just the violence. I often wonder what Madonna would say to her daughter if she asked what Mummy was wearing and why was that man holding a knife near mummys crotch (madges book as i recall)

We should make a list of all offensive ads. especially ones that show violence as the norm Alex.

Ivanhoe I'm sure you would wince if the display showed a feller getting it in the old juglans...i know that sounds a bit nutty.....think have you seen any ads/displays that demean men? oh me gawd i sound like me mum..:-)

p.s. Alex whats BTW?
Thursday 18 May 2006 8.41am
BTW means BY THE WAY....it's email-speak
Thursday 18 May 2006 8.45am
alex wrote:
Does anyone know of a guerrilla stickering group: I'd join.[...] I think its a moral isssue and as consumers we should boycott companies for polluting our visual and actual environment.

But it's OK to pollute the environment if you're a "guerilla stickering group"?

You'll have to help me here. Sometimes I get confused. I blame myself.

Thursday 18 May 2006 8.49am
Jan the old one wrote:
Ivanhoe ...think have you seen any ads/displays that demean men?

Jan, so many of them do, but you just ignore it. Ads generally play to stereotypes, and that means stereotypes of men as well as of women. It offends me to see men portrayed as, for example: sole breadwinners; incapable of boiling a kettle; turned on by cars and football; mystified by just how the house cleans itself, etc.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: