Team GB for the world cup?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 3 July 2006 8.52am
All

Its Team GB at the Olympics. Isn't it time that it was Team GB at the World Cup?

Niall
Monday 3 July 2006 10.02am
no - Scotland would claim that it's another bite at erroding their independance

what would be do about Ireland? (both parts)
or the Chanel Isles?
Monday 3 July 2006 10.55am
"The Chanel Isles"

Is that where the WAGs go between World Cups to keep away from the tax man and keep their cosmetic breats suitably tanned and inflated?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 3 July 2006 1.01pm
And what exactly is a 'breat' Mr Spell-checker!??!!
Monday 3 July 2006 1.05pm
yeah?!
Monday 3 July 2006 1.36pm
It's one of those things that ladies have on their chets, Julie, silly.

Monday 3 July 2006 2.14pm
All

Identity isn't in a team, its in your head. Speaking as a Scot, a United Kingdom team doesn't hold any fears for me. No loss of identity fears, mainly because I can't imagine a football team embodying anything with which I'd want to identify.

Regards from a sultry Somerset.

Niall
Monday 3 July 2006 2.29pm
Niall,

But where do we draw the line? A Team Europe would have a decent chance of winning the WC.....until Team Sth America weighed in.

I think it's to do with relative strengths of the individual nations' teams. (My knowledge of football is v. limited, but I thought that) Wales are a decent mid-level team, and Ireland have qualified before on their own merits, and I remember the years when Scotland would generally qualify for the WC. With teams of that relative degree of strength, imho it would be unfair (on the rest of the world) for them to club together to make a "superteam".

Anonymous User
Monday 3 July 2006 2.40pm
You could get all the players together - pick some captains via a public vote then have them pick their teams like at school.

To add more interest - some games could be five a side matches, some games could be replaced with keepy-uppy and others could just go straight to a penalty shoot out.

No one would know which type of match you'd get til they were on the pitch.

I have been pooh poohed for my take on the world cup but I think my version would be much more fun! You could even have compulsory cider drinking for players at half time.
Monday 3 July 2006 2.47pm
and multi ball extra time? like on the budwieser adds?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: