Detailed London Bashing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 1 August 2006 6.54am
hi everyone,

i'm writing some stories about several cities in Europe. Every quarter there might be some sporadicly trend/hype articles in a couple of print and online mags. London, Madrid, Paris or whatever city. Usually counting the nice and tasty things, a young tourist should go to.

But i want to feature several nice weak points about London.
These wacky details, that are unique. For instance missing toilet paper on every public toilet you go into. People who close their doors because you wear a monkey shirt. Flower pots falling from balconies, whatever....

cheers from another place in Asia
Tuesday 1 August 2006 3.30pm
Hmmm. Why not (instead) come here to do your job, rather than relying upon the unsubstantiated claims of people who have never met?

Or - if you are prepared to pay me a modest sum, I will make some stuff up for your articles.

:o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Tuesday 1 August 2006 10.51pm
yep -
1: wherever you go, there's always some cyclist on the pavement before you!
2: any pub you go into, the number of bar staff is inversely proportional to the number of people waiting to be served. ie at 4 in the afternoon, there are 15 barstaff, and 5 customers. at 10:30pm there are 350 customers, and only 1 bar person actually serving.
3: Wherever someone recomends is good, someone else will tell you horror stories about.

.. can't think up any more just now, tired and want sleep!

good luck with this.
Tuesday 1 August 2006 11.42pm
JonR wrote:
yep -
1: wherever you go, there's always some cyclist on the pavement before you!

Hey - that's me - watch out! I am in a terrible hurry!! ;O)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: