Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Anonymous User
Tuesday 1 August 2006 1.49pm
Does anyone know much about Cheltenham? I'm of there on Saturday and we're looking for places to go in the evening.

I'm guessing that there will be drinking involved... Any ideas?
Tuesday 1 August 2006 2.24pm
I've only ever been for the racing Birdie.

I suspect that it's a totally different town when not invaded by 50 odd thousand racegoers spending money like it's going out of fashion. Sorry.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 1 August 2006 2.33pm
Montpelliar area is good for drinks and food - there's a nice hotel there called the Kandinsky with a nicely decadent bar...

Anonymous User
Tuesday 1 August 2006 2.43pm
There's a racing Bridie in Cheltenham? I hope I see it - perhaps we can have a race.

Thanks Hat - that looks great!
Tuesday 1 August 2006 3.49pm
Is Brosh (small place which does an interesting mix of "middle eastern" food - might actually be nominally jewish food of the diaspora a la Claudia Roden?) still in business in the Montpellier corner of town?
Tuesday 1 August 2006 7.41pm
Kandinky's is good, so too Residence, The Montpellier Wine Bar and The Rotunda. Peppers is a popular pub in town, but it's got a new name (which I can't remember) but ask for Peppers, you'll get directed there.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 1 August 2006 9.11pm
Fab! Any ideas for hangover busting Sunday lunch?
Anonymous User
Monday 7 August 2006 10.58am

Thank you for Kandinsky's - what a fab bar! I have never seen such an extensive cocktail list - literally thousands of them. The barman was fantastic too.

I've also never been to a bar where they provide dresses.

I feel a return trip may be on the cards!
Monday 7 August 2006 12.37pm
Birdie wrote:
I've also never been to a bar where they provide dresses.

I'm fascinated. Please explain!
Monday 7 August 2006 12.38pm
A pleasure Birdie - I always like to encourage people towards good cocktails! I stayed there last november, and we had a lovely decadent time!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: