Wellies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 17 August 2006 9.37am
Bit of a dumb question, but does anyone know whether there's a shop locally that sells wellies? I need some for the weekend, and my googling has proved fruitless - it appears that the only people in London who want wellies want Hunters from Harrods.
Thursday 17 August 2006 11.25am
I'm not sure if they only sell army boots these days, but you could ring:

Walworth Surplus Stores Ltd
211 Walworth Road
London, SE17 1RL

(020) 7703 4759
Thursday 17 August 2006 11.28am
There's a new army surplus/outdoors store in The Cut, in the former Arch Gallery between Tas and Livebait.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 17 August 2006 12.34pm
iirc, Ivanhoe was after some wellies a few months ago/sometime last year. can't seem to find the thread at the moment.
Thursday 17 August 2006 10.22pm
Tempting to suggest these from Litttlewoods:

But a perhaps more sensible version is available from Millets.

(Website says they have branches on Kensington High St, Lewisham High St, Putney High Street, and beyond.)
Friday 18 August 2006 8.01am
I couldn't find anywhere nearer than my nearest garden centre (probably Capital Gdn Centre: Wimbledon or somewhere like Crystal Palace I think).

Alternatively, buy them when you get there.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 18 August 2006 10.53am
You could try Decathlon in Surrey Quays. Last week I noticed that they had a very large selection of wellies in one of their branches in France.
Friday 18 August 2006 11.37am
The Army Surplus and camping gear shop opposite Victoria Station (near Argos) do some good quality kit cheaply. Or there is a small slightly scruffy outdoor clothing shop selling Barbour and the like on Charing Cross Road.
Friday 18 August 2006 11.54am
Sarah - the army surplus shop by Argos at Victoria is the same one I mentioned above that's just re-located to The Cut.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 18 August 2006 12.23pm
or you could always try e-bay!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: