Self Assessment Tax Returns Gobbledy-Gook!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 5 September 2006 11.23am
I simply can not fathom out how to do a self assessment tax return for 2005-2006. Despite all the so called help notes supplied. They also might as well be written in Sankskrit-a language you may have guessed I am not familiar with! I'll need to do one for 2006-2007 as well at some point as the payments are in both tax periods to date.

This is to pay tax on a little extra money I have earned besides that from my regular job. Actually if you don't blink you'll see me on the TV-I'm one of the ladies in the current Dove deodorant commercial- (oops is that advertising James?) Well that's 3 of my 15 seconds of Warholian fame used up!

Anyway I need help desperately- so is there anyone out there who could help this 'Dove'ly lady through this daunting process? It has to be in by 31 September.

Tuesday 5 September 2006 1.25pm
Its much easier online, there should be a number or email adress on the form to let you register, it'll then only take five minutes to complete, as it directs you to the parts that you need to complete. Be warned though, it takes ages to register, they have to send a password / pin, then you have to get confirmation etc, etc, etc. Failing that, make an appointment with the local tax office, there is one in Southwalk Street, and they'll help you complete it - they're very helpful, but you need to call to make an appointment, you can't just turn up. Hope that helps.
Friday 8 September 2006 6.08pm
I have actually been reduced to tears of rage and impotence by the paper forms, and can confirm that it is a lot easier on line. You also dont have to submit your form until the end of December if you do it online, though this is a mixed blessing for lazy people who hate doing it - like me - You have my sympathy and commiseration, I shall be doing it too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: