What, no cider?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 10 October 2006 8.55am
What's going on chaps?

Aren't you making it this year?
Tuesday 10 October 2006 10.57am
It's a shame isn't it. With the loss of regular contact from Tharg and Blake, we've got less legs to stand on and there's so much running (around) involved in getting the apples, getting the presses, etc.

Me and Mrs I are going to a pressing in Honor Oak this weekend, to watch and to offer help if any help is needed. I'm also trying to see if any of our cidermaker friends in Hfds need a helping hand for a day or two over half term (and would consider letting us take away some juice).

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 10 October 2006 1.35pm
i've still got 7 or 8 litres of last years left, and to be honest, this next year will be hectic for us. We would have joined in, if something was organised already...

is it too late to sort something out? Does anyone have contact with Emma FarmWoman?
Anonymous User
Tuesday 10 October 2006 2.30pm
We could mix cocktails instead?
Tuesday 10 October 2006 2.52pm
Great idea Birdie!

What goes well with cider? (I did see someone asking for ideas for perry cocktails recently)

Jon, we went to the farm last weekend (just having a nice walk in the sunshine). No sign of Emma, but I think she didn't work many weekends so we didn't expect to see her really. Realistically, I think it's too late to sort anything for this year. But I'd prefer to think this was just a hiatus, rather than the end of a great SE1 "tradition" (can you call it a tradition when we've only done it twice?).

Anonymous User
Tuesday 10 October 2006 4.11pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
What goes well with cider?

Ploughmans lunch?
Wednesday 11 October 2006 10.22am
Are there other things to be done at the farm? That way we could keep up the SE1 tradition of a day in the open with the amazing view of the river, and then some of Birdie's amazing cake and cocktails.
Wednesday 11 October 2006 11.31am
That's an excellent idea Sarah. If anyone had Emma's contact details (I don't) we could ask, and I'm sure they'd have something useful we could go and do for a (half) day (and then drink lots of cocktails, looking over the river, and stumble back via the Mayflower/Angel/all pubs West.

Wednesday 11 October 2006 3.41pm
ivanhoe - i have her mobile number (from two years ago), if anyone wants to ring her...

not sure if i should post it here though, i'll pm you
Jac
Sunday 15 October 2006 11.35am
Anyone see countryfile today? All about cider, apples and herefordshire. With a piece on Westons and James Marsden.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: