Hello Everyone!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 7.17pm
Hello to all, I am going to be in London for five months to study abroad and I am very excited. Does anyone have any suggestions on what clubs/bars/pubs I should visit. Also, is there one thing you think that I have to do/see
while I am in London. Thanks. See you all soon!
Wednesday 8 November 2006 7.41pm
stltoLondon wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on what clubs/bars/pubs I should visit.

It depends what sort of places you like, and what your budget is, but in my opinion nothing beats the West End on a Friday night. Too many places to list really... my favourite pub though is the French House in Dean Street, Soho.

stltoLondon wrote:
Also, is there one thing you think that I have to do/see while I am in London.

- Take a boat trip down the Thames, from Westminster Pier down to Greenwich. You won't be disappointed!

- If heights don't scare you, then book half an hour on the London Eye. The views are breathtaking.

- Simply go for a walk around the West End. It's one of the most vibrant shopping and entertainment districts in the world! You've got Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Regent Street, Mayfair, loads and loads of really cool shops and cafes everywhere. I love it.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 10.30pm
Thanks for the suggestions. The boat trip sounds awesome!
Thursday 9 November 2006 11.07am
Covent Garden - it's great if you're a tourist.
it's full of lots of other tourists.

Most Londoners avoid it if they can, especially if they don't like places full of tourists...

also try and walk along the river banks, and across several bridges - great views.
Friday 10 November 2006 7.20pm
JonR wrote:
also try and walk along the river banks, and across several bridges - great views.

any bridges will do, but personally I favour Southwark (not too much traffic and good views in both directions) Blackfriars (it has the wonderful curved Unilever building on the north side and Blackfriars station running parallel) and the Albert Bridge at Battersea (not SE1 I know, but lovely all the same).

also, make sure you have a good meander around some of the old markets which gave their character to London - Borough market is obviously the local gorgeousness, but also try Smithfield, Spitalfields and Columbia Road.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: